We never tire of the beauty here

Friday, September 4, 2009

A Leap of Faith Needed

I had a great conversation with a couple (our age or a little younger) just after they watched the totally inspired movie, Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration. Their hearts were so open and yearning for answers to questions. They asked really good questions about prophets and revelation; about temples and families. Everything was so respectful; it was a pure joy to share my testimony and answer their questions. The explanations I was able to give were clear and easy for them to understand. He asked about my education, thinking that might be why I could speak in such a clear way. I said that it was certainly God who was helping them to understand and helping me to speak with clarity. They were still hesitant to have missionaries come to their home, but committed to let them in if they dropped by. You know who is in charge now. I know it will happen. The So. California missionaries who allow the Spirit to lead them to that house will have a very sweet experience! The only downside of this Mission is that we don't know the end of the story. We are often among the visitor's first contact with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. . . . . . . . but what a privilege!

No comments: