We never tire of the beauty here

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Bad/Good Hair Day

Having just returned from Grandma's with a bushy head, I knew I had to find a "hair stylist" TODAY! Yellow pages say only 3 salons in downtown SLC and I have to find someone who styles bushes, aka curly. I found a classy salon just a few blocks from here which could take me today. Her name was Delenna and she loved to cut curly hair and would give a missionary discount. I took it. I knew that Heavenly Father would guide anyone who helps missionaries. I was right. Anyway, getting out of the apartment was the most difficult. Where was my missionary name badge that I have to wear when I go out? Oh there it is. It is one of those magetic attachment-kind which is usually easy to put on, but not today. It would have helped to have my glasses on, but I just kept working with it-blind, so to speak. Then I couldn't remember where my car keys were after being gone a week. (we have only lived here one week and there are lots of drawers in this place). OK I found what I needed to get out of the house. Now to the elevator, I push button for parking level B. No car in our assigned place........whoops, wrong level. Back to elevator, push A..I know that is ours. Right on! What is a pick-up truck doing parked right in back of the car? (classy salons don't like late clients, I bet. Ugh!) There is the driver, thank goodness. Away he goes. Ok now head out to 250 E 200 S. uhhhhhhh or is it 250way. Great! there is the green awning she said I couldn't miss. Well.......let's not go there. 10 minutes late but Delenna was glad to see me and we hit it off well. I was right Heavenly Father does bless those who help missionaries and I ended up with a decent cut. The manager walked by as we finished, complemented Delenna and me and then made a kind reference to our mission. "Oh, by the way, your tag is upside down". Ugh! so much for appearing competent, cool, calm and collected. That took care of the morning. Whew, it was time for a nap.

1 comment:

Anna said...

This was a great post, mom! Iwas laughing out loud! Esp. as I pictured the "What's Up. Doc?" line, "You're upside down." Hee, hee!