We never tire of the beauty here

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

An Island of Peace

It is hard to explain the sweetness of working with the Sister Missionaries and the guests on Temple Square. There is a feeling of love for every person that enters the gates. Tim and I call Temple Square an island of peace. Many pass through, most add to the spirit here. It surprises me that there is a steady stream of visitors here at this non-holiday time. Our apartment is comfortable, warm and welcoming. We love leaving and we love coming home. I am sure there will never be another time in our lives when we will enjoy everyday as we do now. Today a German grandma came to the desk and began talking in German. I tried to explain that I did not understand her, but she had something to say and couldn't hold it in. I smiled and she knew I had no idea what she was saying; we both broke out laughing. That we understood! I had a great conversation with a Chinese couple who did speak English. There is always a wait when we request a native speaker for the guests. Sometimes we get a chance to talk to the guests while they are waiting. Today that was a highlight of my day as I was able to tell them of our message and witness of its truthfulness.

No comments: