We never tire of the beauty here

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Where have you been?


After many months of no entry on the blog, I wonder if anyone even remembers me. Just in case there is one faithful follower out there I will write tonight. Tim and I have learned so much in the last 9 months. Most of the growth and learning has been in the personal category. Some of the challenges have been big, others small. The experience here is without comparison. We have known joy, fear, sadness, hope, faith, peace, love, growth, comfort, sadness, giddiness, discouragement, happiness. We have looked forward to our last day and we have wished it would never come. To be honest, it has been the best decison we could have made; we love being here.
This transfer we are assigned to take guests on tours. We move around on Temple Square and greet and invite people to join us on a visit of the Square. Typically 2 people join us. We tell them about the Mormon pioneers and their great struggles and joy. We tell them how the knowledge of their Savior's love and sustaining strength helped them to push ahead against all odds. Their greatest hope was to "find the place which God prepared, far away in the West. Where none should come to hurt or make afraid". How their courage has strengthen! Their great faith and obedience to a Prophet's voice led them to safety and has given us courage to accept and conquer our trials.
We have been blessed. We are grateful and happy.
MK and Tim

2 comments:

Highschooler said...

You have at least one follower:-)
Mary Kay, you look so elegant in your new hair color! Tim, you still are handsome....
I sure miss you! Every time a new member moves in I think of how well you'll get along, I'm so eager for them to meet you guys, the cream of the Muncie crop! (Along with the rest of this amazing ward:-)

Kristie said...

That last comment was actually me, Tawny is blogging now and I forgot to sign her out before I commented....ooops!
Love, K